I know this is an age long question. I guess no one will ever know the real reason. I have never cheated on my special someone, but I have been cheated on before. My definition of cheating is when your partner or spouse is giving someone else attention that is inappropriate. It can be emotional or physical. People have their own definition of what cheating is, but this is mine.
I was reading this article on Truthaboutdeception.com, and they listed these situations that most commonly lead to infidelity.
- Being close or interdependent on someone other than one’s spouse
- Being around someone who is sexually interested
- Spending a lot of time one-on-one with someone else
- Not feeling close or connected to one’s spouse (e.g., feeling lonely, being upset or angry with a spouse, etc.)
- Situations that create the sense of opportunity - the feeling that one will not get caught (e.g., meeting someone in private, out of town trips, etc.).
- Situations involving alcohol or drugs
Now, I can see how these situations can lead to someone cheating once, but what happens when a person continues to cheat over and over and over again. Now tell me! What is the reason that they cheat?
In my opinion, so many people take their commitments and promises very lightly. They don’t have any respect for their partner or spouse. They throw around the word love so loosely. But do they really love that person. I think not, maybe a strong like.
What do you think?????????
Here is the link to the article I was reading.